At our office, we are dedicated to helping you stay in optimal oral and overall health. This includes striving to detect and diagnose any conditions or abnormalities as early as possible so you can receive the treatment you need. During your visits to our office, our periodontists and team will check for changes in your oral health and appearance, as well as any other abnormalities that may signal a pathological issue. The most serious of these is oral cancer, which has a much higher chance of being successfully treated when it is identified early. We may also detect diseases such as salivary gland disorders, mumps, odontogenic infection and more.
The following signs may signal a pathological process or cancerous growth:
- A chronic sore throat or hoarseness
- A sore in the mouth or on the lips, face or neck that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Difficulty or pain when chewing or swallowing
- A lump or thickening in the skin lining the inside of the mouth
- Red, white or speckled red-and-white patches in the mouth
- A change in how the teeth fit together or in how your dentures or other oral appliances fit
If you notice any of these symptoms, we encourage you to contact our office for a thorough exam. We may use several types of diagnostic techniques and tools, including radiographic, microscopic, biochemical and other in-office examinations. For more information, please feel free to contact us today.